Thursday 26 May 2011

I Didn't Even Mean It To Sound Like That

Do you remember when C-Dawg and I had the coconut weirdness on our run? (Well, actually, on a bunch of our runs to be precise?)

Well, C-Dawg got so obsessed with the whole "where is this coconut smell coming from damnit!" that she went and bought some coconut scented body lotion just to be done with it.

Which was ironic, because right after that we figured out that the smell was coming from a rogue bunch of bushes that for whatever reason decided their blossom should smell like coconut. Go figure.

But C-Dawg bought her coconut lotion and on the same trip I bought some strawberry scented lotion.

We were out for a run later that day and I gave her one of our famous post-run high fives.

"You're going to smell like coconut now," she said.

"Nah," I replied, "I've got strawberry lotion on my hands so. . ."

There was a pause as my brain clicked forward a few notches to what a strawberry/coconut combination would be.

"I'll smell like strokonut," I shouted gleefully!




We had to stop walking we were laughing so hard.

9 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

Those are the best dorky moments with friends! Love it!
:)

Allan R E said...

LOL...that's the Gorse Bush! It looks like Scotch Broom, which is invasive. Gorse is not and smells very tropical!!

Peace,
Allan

Victoria said...

JS, we're so dorky it's awesome!

Ahhhh I wondered Allan! I called my Mom and was like "er, Broom doesn't smell like this, what is this?" and she wasn't sure I wasn't crazy ;) So thanks!

Jonathan Beckett said...

I've lost count of the number of times I've got in bed with my better half, and thought she smelled of coconut.

It's turned into a joke now - apparently everything I smell is coconut.

Kas said...

It's neato having a friend like that!!

randomstranger said...

Cocoberry! :D

Victoria said...

You should totally run with us then Jonathan! Then we'd all be smelling coconut!!!

It totally is Kas :)

Good one Randomstranger! ;)

Maplemusketeer said...

*tears in my eyes now* lol

Victoria said...

Heh