Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Sarcasm

I don't do sarcasm well.

I tend to take people at their word, so when their word is a thinly disguised poke, and especially when it pokes close to an already raw nerve, I get hurt and upset.

I don't like being put in a position to feel like I have to explain myself or justify my actions at something that I then get told was "just a joke.

Sarcasm at its root is just mean. And those "jokes" that are told are often a way to say something without actually saying it.

People should just say what they mean and mean what they say and if you have a problem talk about it. Don't "joke" or tease your way around it.

That doesn't make anything better, and in fact, a lot of times it just plain hurts.

2 Comments:

Anonymous kandijay said...

I have an uncle who "teases." Constantly. About my love life, my weight, my intelligence.... My family is used to it, because this is how he has always been. And though I love him, I dread seeing him, because I have to hide how much his teasing hurts. If I get upset, somehow it's my fault for being too sensitive.

Friday, May 20, 2011 8:47:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

I completely understand. It really does hurt. *hugs*

Friday, May 20, 2011 9:35:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.