Saturday 28 May 2011

To The Birdies Outside My Window

Dear Birdies,

I love you. I do.

I love you and you're very pretty and your singing is lovely and beautiful and reminds me so much of Spring and lighter days.

But Birdies? Your singing your songs at 5am?

It doesn't work for me.

I know it's dawn and you're looking to find a lady friend and I know the louder you are the more lady friends will come check you out and all but birdies. Birdies! You're killing me here!

PLEASE, for the love of all the sleep I'm trying to get? Please wait 'til it's actually morning? Like, 7am?

Thanks,
Victoria

5 comments:

The Ex Student said...

Oh the wildlife that is considered to be part of the brilliance that is living on the West Coast. Birds chirp from 7 am past 7pm!!! I wouldn't exchange living in Victoria for anything in the world though!

Victoria said...

Me neither! :)

Claus said...

I know this post was from last month, but I'm catching up.

I'm up at 5 every morning and the birdsong is my way of know that spring is here.
As it becomes lighter I get to hear what I call "The Birdsong" in the morning when I wake up. I live on a larger property outside Vancouver with a lot of trees and open land. The sound of the birds at that time of the morning is nearly deafening. So many birds trying to make themselves hear, but so very beautiful. It totally wakes me up. I stand outside w/ my coffee, listen to the birds and watch the sun rise on the Golden Ears Mountains and know that my day is going to be Ok.

Claus said...

*make themselves "heard" *grrr*

Victoria said...

That does sound kind of amazing Claus!