Thursday 16 June 2011

I Love My Friends

My friends are great.

And none of them have quite given up on trying to find me a boyfriend.

It's just funny the conversations I've had from them lately.

S.2: "Ok, so what do you think about MMA fighting?"

Me: I really don't like it. A lot.

S.2: "So, you wouldn't want to date a guy who was an MMA fighter? I didn't think so, but my husband said that apart from that, he's a super nice guy."

Me: Nah, I'm good, thanks.




C-Dawg: "Man, I've got the perfect guy for you! Except, well, he lives in Vancouver right now. Damn."

Me: Make him move!



S: "Ok, my friend's brother has just moved to town and apparently he's a super sweet guy but just really shy and reserved. And, he maybe has never had a serious relationship before, so um...."

Me: Yeah, no, I'm good, thanks!




S.3*: "So, my husband works with this guy who's just getting divorced from his crazy ex wife. He's not really that attractive and he's kind of socially awkward at times, but he's a super nice guy, what do you think?"

Me: Thanks for thinking of me, but I'm good, thanks.


It's really very sweet of them. And I'm sure one of these times they'll find me a guy who is nice and sweet and friendly and local and un-violent and single. You go girls!





* I just realized I have a lot of girlfriends whose names start with S! Go me!

7 comments:

Kas said...

Out of that list, I'd go for the MMA guy. Think about it this way: He's fit, focused, and will prolly have a HOTT bod!!

I didn't used to like MMA, but I saw an episode of Bully Beatdown and Mayhem Miller is just a trip! Then my Son-in-law showed me a UFC fight and I became hooked! It's not something I can watch EVERYDAY, but it is pretty cool!

Dominic said...

Hey, I know a couple of guys who'd be interested. So long as you don't mind that pesky little Atlantic Ocean between you and them :)

Victoria said...

Yeah, I just can't handle it Kas ;)

That ocean does tend to get in the way Dominic!

Solitary Diner (Also Known as The Frugalish Physician) said...

This sounds way too familiar to me. One of my friends is still trying to set me up with the "man of my dreams" who is a farmer in a rural part of Canada that I would never choose to live in. Not going to happen.

Victoria said...

It's the thought that counts??? ;)

Blondie said...

This is hilarious! I love these. I happened upon your blog, and I'll be back. You are inspiring me to blog about some of the fabulous set-ups I've experienced. :)

Victoria said...

Ooooh, sounds like a good post to come Blondie! :D