Tuesday 7 June 2011

Jumbled

I feel like there are so many little stories jumbled in my head right now that I can't shake things down enough in there to have one fall out.

And I know that when I walk away from the computer they'll all start clamoring for attention and will start writing themselves but then when I get back to the computer they'll have slipped away just out of reach like that one piece of paper that gets stuck behind your desk in such an awkward way that you can twist your face right up against the wall and jam your wrist into the space and still not quite be able to reach it.

I feel like I want to turn my head sideways and knock on the opposite side the way you do when you get water in your ear after swimming. Except this time, I want the stories to fall out, cuz I can feel them in there and they're almost as annoying.

3 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

You sound so similar to me sometimes it's scary.

Nina said...

That is a phenomenal description!

I have been following your blog for quite some time now and I'm currently traveling around Australia so don't get to read it as often, but every few weeks I have a chance to mass-read and just wanted to send a virtual high-five or ten your way!!! :)

Victoria said...

Aww, thanks! And high fives back at you all the way down under! :D