Monday 6 June 2011

Ahhhhhhhh!

Little by foundimagination
This weekend was delicious.

It was delicious and busy and tiring and relaxing and fun and wonderful and anxious-making all rolled into one.

There were a thousand and one things going on this weekend and I think I went to half of them.

Well, no, but exaggeration always makes me smile. Especially when I do it, so yeah.

There was something called the Oak Bay Tea Party this weekend which is nothing like it sounds and involved a fairground of rides and events and a parade of delightful local people and things and an airshow where I got to see parachuters and just how carefully they can land (ON A TARGET!) and where I got to try mini-donuts for the first time and have a purple Mr.Freeze and buy cotton candy and to top it all off it was gloriously amazingly sunny all weekend.

Oh, and did I mention that my hockey team won the second game of the Stanley Cup playoffs in overtime? And that I was too nervous to watch but could hear the roar as they scored throughout all of downtown?

Yeah. Awesome.

And this weekend also marked the official start of my summer because it was the first night I slept with only a sheet on, no comforter.

That's how you know it's become warm. Ta da!

So, yes, a very busy, exciting, sunny, relaxing, fun weekend.

Awesome.

6 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

Friends went to the Tea Party too.. they're still talking about how awesome it was all over facebook. :)

Glad your weekend was awesome.

Victoria said...

That's so cute! :D

The Ex Student said...

The Saanichton fair is way better! Not only do they have all the previously mentioned goodies they also have cows and sheep and horse shows! Also they have food booths from all the different cultural organizations in the city! An event not to be missed!!

Victoria said...

I went to that one for the first time last year (or maybe it was the year before?) . . . so much fun!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Us peeps down here enjoy things like: The Okra Strut (Irmo, SC), the Poultry Festival, Grits Festival, Peach Festival...

we seem to eat a lot, huh??

~Kas

Victoria said...

I think I want to go to the Peach Festival Kas!!!! :)