Wednesday 1 June 2011

Literally


Everything's so green right now.

And I mean that literally.

There is so much green around.

Trees that were bare for months are now light green or dark green or somewhere in between green and the grass is green and it's so very Spring.

A lot of people have had a hard time this Spring because it's been a bit cooler than usual and perhaps a bit rainier, but for me, it's all about the length of the days and how much better a day is when there's light all the way through it.

Waking up in the mornings to a window that already has light makes getting up so much easier.

Heading home after a long day and still having hours and hours worth of light makes the days so much fuller.

Looking outside at 9:30 at night and seeing dimming sky makes me so happy.

I love the longer days. So much.

I love them so much I haven't noticed if it's rainier and I love them so much I don't mind that I haven't worn flip flops yet or that my jacket is still needed in the mornings.

Because the mornings are light!

And that makes me happy.