Monday 8 August 2011

A Week Ago

I don't really remember what C-Dawg and I did all Sunday day, the big stuff wasn't being done until Monday, but we'd planned on catching the second half of the Splash. We must have tired ourselves out though because by the time we'd eaten, Symphony Splash had started and we were both pretty pooped.

C-Dawg wanted some quality time on her couch so I headed home and realized I didn't have anyone to go with after all. (I'd told the guy that I had plans to go with my Mom but she couldn't go so I thought I could go with C-Dawg and maybe the guy could meet up with us, but now she wasn't going and I didn't know if I wanted to go by myself after all that.)

I sat on my couch and listened to snippets of the symphony through my window (I live near enough downtown to do that) and then started getting ready to head down to catch the second half when I heard them stopping the playing for intermission.

As I was heading out the door, the potentially cute and funny text writing guy texted me to ask if I'd enjoyed the show with my Mom.

I told him that, no, she actually hadn't come but that I thought I might head down for the end.

"Could I maybe join you?" he texted. And my heart flitter fluttered.

Meet him? Did I want to meet him? Yes! Did I have time to worry and get nervous? Yes! But not much. Turns out he was two blocks away from where I was so I headed to where he was.

"I'm wearing a black hoodie," I said. "Like a ninja." I'm nothing if not funny in my head.

"I'm wearing a grey one," he said. "Like a....?"

And I turned the corner and there was a grey hoodie wearing guy standing down the block.

And you guys?

He was cuter than I'd hoped.

He was super cute. Really.

A good start.

And then we started walking down to the show.

6 comments:

Mrs. Wilson said...

*sigh* sounds so completely lovely

Stephanie Hunter said...

You are killing us here! :)

Just Sayin... said...

Love it!
May I have some more please?

Kas said...

MORE MORE MORE!!!

Man-- this is just CRUEL!!!

J from Paradise said...

Just :) YAY!

Victoria said...

It sure was Mrs Wilson! :)

Sorry Stephanie ;)

Another serving tomorrow JS!

Sorry Kas! lol

Thanks J :)