Friday 2 September 2011

Bone To Pick

Dear September,

I have a bone to pick with you.

I know yesterday was your first day and everything, but did you have to make such a statement? I mean, the fog? The cold? The rain?

September, I had to put on a sweater! And have tea! Under a blanket!

And while we're on it, why are you making it darker earlier? That's hardly fair.

How about this? You can pick one.

You can either have colder weather OR earlier evenings. Not both.

Sound fair?

Cool.

So, yeah, how about you just lighten up on the whole "I am a bringer of Fall" thing, kay?

Kay.

Thanks,
Victoria (Who is heading out of town for the long weekend, see youse soon!)

10 comments:

Dominic said...

"The fog here moves faster than the taxis!

Of which there are five!"


Name that quote ;)

Victoria said...

Familiar..... but I'm going to have to Google it. Can't... quite...

Victoria said...

EDDIE!

Mizkay said...

Oh, I'm so jelly! It worries me that we're still in the 90-100degree farenheit range on this second day of September. I swear, global warming is making me annually change my favorite month of the year. What used to be September is now October. Sheeesh. ;)

Have a good and restful weekend!

Victoria said...

You too Mizkay! I'll send my chilly weather to you! ;)

Anonymous said...

some people call the months to come....the mean seasons:)+=

Ness said...

Hi Victoria,

I've commented a couple times before so you might recognize my name. I'm actually wondering if I could get your opinion on living in Victoria. I'm thinking about moving there but have heard a variety of reports from people about what it's like. However none of those people are 30 ish single women so I kind of take what they say with a grain of salt. Anyways, I'd love to hear your thoughts. I know you are going through a lot and I'm not moving for a while yet (if I do move) so no rush. I'd put my e-mail up but I'm old school and it's my name and I don't want all of the internet to know that info. I can't find your e-mail either (likely for the same reason) so this seems the only way to communicate.

Thanks!

Ness

Victoria said...

*pokes Blogger because it won't take my comments*

Victoria said...

(oh, well then)

Victoria said...

Well that's not very nice of them Anonymous!

In a nutshell Ness? It's a beautiful town and I love it here, but let's chat more :)