Tuesday 27 September 2011

Confession

Rise by foundimagination
OK, I have to tell you something about myself.

I've been wanting to tell you for a while, but I just haven't known how to do it.

So I'm just going to...buckle up (buckle down?) and say it.

Here goes.

I.

Don't like to jaywalk.

But. Almost only at controlled crossings. And I'm not even sure why.

If there's a light and a "cross the street" flashy walking guy/hand? I won't go when the guy's not telling me.

And there's a lot of people in town here who will. They'll look, and see that there's no traffic for miles and they'll cross, against the light, to get to the other side. (Insert chicken joke here.)

I? Just can't do it.

Doesn't mean I won't cross the street in the middle of a quiet side road neighbourhoody type area, but if there's a light? I won't jaywalk.

I probably won't even walk if the flashy hand is flashing.

I've always been like this, to the great amusement of my friends who will often leave me on the far side of the road as they dash across willy-nilly, ignoring "red hand" and the tail end of countdowns.

I just thought you should know.

I won't cross at a controlled intersection until I'm supposed to.

Now you know.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a little bit like that as well....but some people are crazy they just run into the road without a care in the world!!

Haco said...

oops, didn't mean to post as a creepy 'anonymous' up there! :-D

Victoria said...

Heh... that's ok ;)

And at least we know we'll probably never be hit! :)

Allan R E said...

You're weird! LOL

Victoria said...

Hey, I never claimed otherwise! ;)

Single and Picky said...

I feel the same - I find that drivers in town are crazy enough, why tempt fate. That being said, if's a one way and no traffic, sure I'll jaywalk.

Victoria said...

;)