Tuesday 13 September 2011

Small Talk

Charles H Scott by foundimagination
Summer decided to show up last week, and I know a lot of North America already had a scorcher, this is the first time I've felt warm. Well, no, "warm" is not right; this is the first time I've been uncomfortable in the heat.

I think it's the hottest I ever remember being at work (our bat cave is usually quite bat-like and cold) and the time I spent outside this week and weekend, I couldn't find an outfit that didn't have me sweating.

Saturday night was the first time since last year I slept with just a sheet and my bedroom door open in hopes it'd make some sort of a breeze.

C-Dawg and I went for a run after work last week and we knew better than to run in the full sun, even though it was evening. But still, two rounds of the trail in the shade and we had to stop. I was legitimately over-heated. As in, you could put your hand next to my face and feel the heat hot.

Cold showers have been taken, and not for sexual reasons. (I wish for sexual reasons!) But just to cool down.

September's usually hot around here, it's true, I just thought it was interesting that this is the hottest it's been all summer...days before it officially ends.

I'm not complaining, I know it won't last and I'm loving the bright sunshine and the long(ish) days, it's just interesting that it took us until now to get real summer weather.

3 comments:

Solitary Diner (Also Known as The Frugalish Physician) said...

It's the exact opposite here. We've had a beautiful warm summer, and for the first time thus far it's been cold the past few days. I'm actually wearing a sweater, which doesn't make me happy.

Just Sayin... said...

I was at Ambleside in West Van on Sunday and although I was in the shade for 5 of the 6 hours, I ended up with heat stroke.

Cold showers couldn't get cold enough, that's when you know you're in trouble.

Slept with a wet/cold towel on my body that night.

Crazy hot.

Hope you're doing okay.

Victoria said...

Awww, that's no fun SD!

That is crazy hot JS. I bet your cold/wet towel got warm pretty quick! We clouded over today again, muggy though...