Wednesday 14 September 2011

Allllrighty

So I went on another date.

Not with the guy I went on that last date with, but with another one.

We'd somehow gotten to chatting about breakfast and were talking online this weekend and he said, well, would you like to go for a late breakfast? So I figured at the worst I could have me some bacon, and I said yes.

I think he was maybe a little nervous, but aren't we all on these things? And he talked about his work which was interesting and it was fine.

Not bad, not great, kind of like the other date. I'm not really attracted to this guy either and I feel bad.

He was heading out of town that same day but he emailed me to say he'd enjoyed meeting me and would like to do it again.

I don't want to feel like I'm leading this guy on by seeing him again and I'm not sure seeing him again would change how I feel about him.

So now I've had two dates with two guys and both were fine and nice enough guys but I just didn't see myself wanting to kiss them.

Or maybe it's just that we didn't click.

But I feel bad and a little disappointed.

But I suppose I should, once again, be proud of myself for doing it and getting out there and meeting these guys when it's not exactly in my comfort zone, and is certainly not something I would have dreamed of doing when I first started this blog.

So at least we know I'm changing for the better, right?

9 comments:

AmericanBridget (Jones) said...

Keep it up! I'm in the same boat and while it can be grueling one day it will pay off!

Anonymous said...

3 dates to know for sure. give them a chance. think of someone giving you a three date chance. you really never know. The One may be a slow burn and not fireworks. my mom wasn't attracted to my dad but on third date my Dad stopped her from using her spoon and offered his because he thought hers wasn't as clean.... that did it. 42 years later they are still best friends. my rule is 3 dates minimum to know for sure.

Layla

Anonymous said...

Go for another date... you might be surprised!

~Kas

Anonymous said...

Well I think that its awesome that you are getting back into the world of finding someone, and if it doesn't click, break it off before he gets too attached. But 3 dates sounds like a god idea. Maybe you just need to see him in a different light.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the other anonymous. I think give a few chances, because job interviews are different from actual job skills, right? First impressions aren't always the best, especially with thinking (or over-thinking) people.

At least, get yourself a bit more bacon out of the deal.

Solitary Diner (Also Known as The Frugalish Physician) said...

I agree with others who have suggested going out on more than one date. People can be very shy and not themselves when you first meet them, so I think it's worth giving it another try. Unless you have an "Oh dear God, get me out of here and don't let him try to hug/kiss me or I'll scream" kind of reaction. Then it's absolutely mandatory to stop after one date.

Victoria said...

I'll try Bridget!

Oh, man Layla, that just seems so... tiring! ;)

Maybe Kas... maybe...

Thanks Supergirl... and we'll see.

Mmmm... bacon.... :)

Well, I didn't have *that* kind of reaction SD, but, I dunno that I want to hang out again. I'll have to see I guess or else y'all will be mad at me!

Anonymous said...

I would say kiss them and then make a judgement you can always tell how you would physcially after a kiss if its bad then you go home alone, if there is something there then maybe take him home with you

Victoria said...

Hmmm... not sure about that one! ;)