Monday, 24 October 2011

Meanwhile

I woke up rather disoriented yesterday.

Went to bed fairly early (easier to do at my parents' place, where I don't sit with my computer for quite as many hours in the evening) and had a good, solid sleep.

I'd turned my alarm off and figured I'd wake up when I was ready.

Some noise woke me half up, most likely the newspaper, I hear it most mornings, but my brain was pretty sure it was someone driving on the gravel driveway.

The long gravel driveway of our childhood home; a home we've been out of for, what, twenty years now?

I went back to sleep, but this must have stuck in my brain because when I started to hear Mom and Dad downstairs, I wasn't sure where I was sleeping.

Not our old house, but maybe a couple of houses after that?

Not quite my bedroom, the light was wrong, the noises not familiar enough.

Took me a while to come orient to being in the spare bedroom of Mom and Dad's current place.

And then I wasn't sure what day it was. Was it a work day and I needed to get up? Or had I already overslept and was late for work? Or was it maybe a weekend, no, couldn't be, could it?

Hmmmm...yeah, a weekend, whew!

When I figured that out, I rolled over to check the clock and promptly told myself to go back to sleep.

5 Comments:

Blogger Just Sayin... said...

I hate when that happens!

I once woke up, thought I was late for work, got half way to the bus stop before realizing it was a SUNDAY!
I was pissed.

Bailed on all my plans and laid on the couch the rest of that day.

Monday, October 24, 2011 10:38:00 am  
Blogger Single and Picky said...

Yay no blog break! I have that feeling every Wednesday morning - actually I think looking at my schedule for the next two years I might have the feeling. I have a twelve hour day of class on Tuesday, get home at 11pm and up at 6 for the next day of class - I normally only come to when I'm in my 9am class...

Monday, October 24, 2011 12:05:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

Oh, that would not be good JS!!!

Oh my goodness SnP, that sounds crazy!

Monday, October 24, 2011 6:55:00 pm  
Blogger Kas said...

I have done that MANY times for as long as I can remember. I am so bad, that I MUST keep a calendar and mark the days so I can stay straight...

*sigh*

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:53:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

Oh, brains, why do you trick us so!? ;)

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:22:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.