Tuesday 25 October 2011

Un-needed Space

Vivid by foundimagination
My parents had to go to Vancouver, one of the first trips they've taken in a long while by themselves, Dad being able to drive again, and I've had the house to myself.

At first, when I heard they were going, I was super excited to have time to myself again, and to have the house quiet.

Turns out living in a house all by yourself is even lonelier than living in an apartment all by yourself.

In an apartment, you at least have the noises of your neighbours. And when I'm here and go to bed, I can faintly hear my parents watching tv or moving around.

It's been a big, empty house without them. Which I didn't expect. I expected to be dancing in my underwear a la Risky Business. Instead, I just kind of miss my roomies.

5 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

hahaha I totally thought of Risky Business! Do it! :)

Allan R E said...

Party at Victoria's!!

Victoria said...

Maybe I already did JS! ;) Heh

My parents and I were joking about that Allan :D

Claus said...

My wife is leaving to hang out with her family for a week w/ the kids. I will miss them terribly but while they are gone I will so enjoy the peace and quiet that I rarely ever have anymore.
I would not ever wish for it to be any different as I have two best and most beautiful daughters in the world along with a great wife
Having said that, I can't wait to sit quietly in the house and miss them... *quietly* looking forward to hear their laughter and little feet running across the floor chasing the dog or cats.

Victoria said...

Wishing you good quiet time Claus :)