Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Settling

I'm finally feeling settled at Mom and Dad's. Like I'm used to the place and being here and used to the fact that I can't "go home."

I do still miss having extended periods of time to myself but I'm happy to be feeling more normal being here. It was hard there for a while, I'm not someone who enjoys change. At all.

I think being out of my zone adds a layer of anxious to everything. Not quite stress, not quite worry, not quite anxiety, just a layer of .... un-good.

That's not quite making sense... let me try to explain.

I had to have a rental car for a few days last week (someone did a small hit and run on my car probably in a parking lot and I must say I'm super impressed with the job the repair folks did) and it was weird on top of weird to be driving a different car. I don't think I'd have been as bothered by it were I back in my old place. Everything's just a little less ok.

Know what I mean?

So I'm happy to be getting used to being here. And I'm happy to be getting closer (hopefully) to being back home.

Although, I am making sure to enjoy my parents' company, which is very easy to do and as some of you pointed out, I know that one day I will wish with all my heart to be able to spend just one day with them and I'm thankful I get this time to spend with them as an adult. It's kind of a rare treat in a lot of ways.

3 Comments:

Blogger Just Sayin... said...

You make me smile.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 8:25:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

You're such a creature of habit... it's kind of cute! :)

Although I think you're due for a road trip somewhere, seeing as
a) your car has such low mileage
b) you could experience things a little out of your comfort zone
c) you would be SO happy to return home !

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:58:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

Aww, thanks JS ;)

I so am Unknown! And, yes, I probably am due for a road trip!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:27:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.