Saturday 29 October 2011

So Close

Beyond Beyond Beyond by foundimagination
Sometimes, especially lately, I've felt like I'm right on the edge of understanding something.

Something about myself and what it is I should be, need to be doing.

I know that there's something missing and I'm closer to clearly understanding what it is and what I can do about it.

I also know that the more time spent on my computer, clicking links or watching shows, the more I'm kept from that something.

And I believe that if I could get to that place, and that understanding, that my life would be that much richer. So much richer.

Lately I've been feeling so close to that feeling.

And yet so far.

7 comments:

Solitary Diner (Also Known as The Frugalish Physician) said...

Sometimes that understanding takes time. I spent an entire year struggling to figure out what I wanted to do with my life before finally deciding to go to medical school, and even after that it has taken years to be fully convinced that I made the right decision. If you're open to exploring and self reflection, that understanding will come. Be patient with yourself.

Solitary Diner (Also Known as The Frugalish Physician) said...

As a total aside, what lens do you use for your closeup photos? I've been thinking about investing in a new lens for closeups, but I don't know what to buy...

Victoria said...

I'll do my best SD. Sometimes patience is tricky....

Right now I'm using pretty much the same lens for everything, and I actually prefer my old lens because with this one I can take a closeup but have to get further away to do it, if you know what I mean. :) If you're really wanting to do actual, like real closeups, maybe get a 50 with some macro filters. Also, I find talking to the folks in the camera shops is usually really helpful. Like, if you're wanting a multipurpose lens that'll do closeups and portraits a 50 would do, but if you just want to do closeups, you can get some cool lenses. Also depends how much you want to throw at it and what aperture and oh my goodness now I'm ranting/babbling! ;)

e said...

That is an absolutely gorgeous photograph! Makes me miss the ocean.. :)

Victoria said...

Well, thanks! :)

Kas said...

feeling kind of wandering myself lately... maybe the cooler/colder weather brings it on?

Victoria said...

Could be?