Wednesday 12 October 2011

Two Awesome Things?

My family and the internet.

At some point last week, my Mother came into the living room rather frustrated at my Dad's dinner choice.

Instead of getting annoyed, she said to me "Victoria? I wonder if YouTube has a song about potatos. Because I swear, your Dad would eat them at every meal if I let him."

And so, I looked.

And it did.

Which led to my Mom and I marching into the kitchen and playing the song to my Dad and the three of us singing the silly thing on and off for the next couple of days.

It was maybe that much funnier to us than it will be to anyone else (as most inside jokes tend to be in that "you had to be there" kind of way) but damn I love my parents and I love the sense of humour they gave me. And share with me.

4 comments:

Eric said...

Cute - I love it!!

Claus said...

Since you like Photography. Don't know if you have joined Google+ yet but this may interest you.

Within the G+ Framework there are things called "Sparks" these are subject matter areas where people discuss their favourite hobbies and stuff.

https://plus.google.com/s/photography

Is the one for Photography. There are some amazing photographers displaying their pictures everyday and sharing tips, techniques and their daily thoughts on photography.

I highly recommend Trey Ratcliff (among many others)

https://plus.google.com/105237212888595777019/photos

Now you have something to write about again. :)

Happydog said...

Thanks for the giggle and the memories...Mom and Dad had potatoes at EVERY DINNER. And that included if we also had rice. The reason I didn't have pizza or Chinese food until I was 14 years old is because they didn't "come with potatoes" --true story.

Victoria said...

It was pretty cute Eric :)

Thanks for the tip Claus. I haven't looked at Google+ yet but will check out your suggestions.

Oh man HD, that's awesome! ;)