Friday 25 November 2011

And, We're Breathing

Ok.

So the move has been booked, the utilities are all being turned back on today, and I'm actually feeling excited about moving back in.

And, because this is how life works, I'm also feeling sad about leaving Mom and Dad's.

Sure, there was an adjustment period and there are things about living here that added stress, but there was also good stuff. A lot of it.

There were second breakfasts on Sundays and lots and lots of home cooked meals. There were giggles and silly things and just general companionship.

A mixed blessing, I think is what they call a situation like this. I'm glad to be going home, but I'm sad to be leaving.

3 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

So simple yet this story makes me smile, a lot.

Solitary Diner (Also Known as The Frugalish Physician) said...

Such is the nature of life. Whatever situation you find yourself in, it's often simultaneously both better than and worse than an alternative situation.

Victoria said...

Glad to pass on the smiles JS ;)

So true SD...