Wednesday 1 February 2012

Apparently My Brain's On Holiday

Eight to Eight by foundimagination
I made a weird mistake this weekend.

I have two friends from high school I keep in touch with. While I consider them both very good friends, one of them is one of my best friends of all.

Both of these friends have children and I always send a birthday card on the kids' birthdays.

So when my reminder came up that it was one friend's daughter's birthday, I got a card, but I kept forgetting to send it and I wanted it to not be late.

So this weekend, I addressed the card, signed it, and stuck it in a mailbox so it would get there in time.

A couple of hours later, I was deleting the reminder and that's when I realized my mistake.

I'd sent the card to the wrong girl.

I'd completely written, addressed and sent a card to the wrong friend's kid.

I'm not even sure how my brain managed to do that except that I must have somehow just confused the friends or something.

It made for a rather embarrassing email.

"Hey, I just sent your daughter a birthday card even though it's totally not her birthday. Could you, like, just pretend this never happened?"

Sigh.

No comments: