Wednesday, 1 February 2012

Apparently My Brain's On Holiday

Eight to Eight by foundimagination
I made a weird mistake this weekend.

I have two friends from high school I keep in touch with. While I consider them both very good friends, one of them is one of my best friends of all.

Both of these friends have children and I always send a birthday card on the kids' birthdays.

So when my reminder came up that it was one friend's daughter's birthday, I got a card, but I kept forgetting to send it and I wanted it to not be late.

So this weekend, I addressed the card, signed it, and stuck it in a mailbox so it would get there in time.

A couple of hours later, I was deleting the reminder and that's when I realized my mistake.

I'd sent the card to the wrong girl.

I'd completely written, addressed and sent a card to the wrong friend's kid.

I'm not even sure how my brain managed to do that except that I must have somehow just confused the friends or something.

It made for a rather embarrassing email.

"Hey, I just sent your daughter a birthday card even though it's totally not her birthday. Could you, like, just pretend this never happened?"

Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.