Thursday 2 February 2012

I'm Awesome

I just set off my car alarm (for the first time ever mind you) while sitting in my car.

Yes. Yes I did.

I was going to get groceries, but C-Dawg had just sent me a text so I was responding to it before I went shopping.

I took my keys out of the ignition and was half holding them while typing on my phone and I must have accidentally pressed a button because things flashed and I figured I'd unlocked the door.

So a couple of texts later, I opened the door to go shop and BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP (repeat times a lot) and at first I wondered whose alarm it was but within a nanosecond I realized it was mine and that I had no idea how to turn it off.

So I pressed all the buttons on my key fob until I hit the correct one and then I got out of my car as if I'd meant to do that the whole time.

"Oh who me? Yes, I always like to set my car alarm off while sitting in it. I feel it tells potential criminals not to mess with me."

Ahem.

Yeah. I'm awesome.

I set off my very own car alarm WHILE INSIDE MY CAR.

6 comments:

Dominic said...

Could be worse - you could have set it off whilst you were outside it, but your keys were inside it. And all the doors were locked. And it was raining.

:)

Just Sayin... said...

bahahaha love it!

Victoria said...

That's very true Dominic! ;)

Bet you didn't know I was quite this cool JS! Heh

Kas said...

Been There, Done that!!!

Jonathan Beckett said...

I've been sat in a car with the alarm going off before, and unable to do anything about it :)

FWIW, I'm currently sat here at 9pm with the car on the drive, engine running, because my better half decided to do "walk to school week" while the temperature was -10C.

I just said goodbye to the repair guy who turned up to replace the dead battery.

Victoria said...

High five Kas! ;)

Oh no Jonathan! Brrr!