Thursday 31 May 2012

Durrrr

So yes there's a lot on my mind and there already was but now there's more and so it shouldn't be surprising that I got lost on my way to the physio the other day.

My knee got a little funky a couple of weeks ago. I was pretty sure it had something to do with the transition from shoes to sandals when the hot weather came, but wanted to check in with a physiotherapist to see about exercises and whatnot.

I haven't been to this place in a while, but know where it is, and let's say for today's lesson that it's on Jones Street.

So I got held a little late at work and didn't have the usual amount of extra time to walk from my place as I normally would have so I drove. And I drove to Jones Street and parked. I was bummed to see the city had turned the area into pay parking, but whatever, I plugged the meter thing and turned around to head into the building.

Except it kind of wasn't there.

I mean, there was a building there, but it wasn't the one it should have been.

So I walked down a few buildings and then back up a few buildings just to make sure I wasn't, you know, missing something obvious and then I realized I wasn't where I should be and didn't know where I needed to go. Up? Down? I knew I was on the right street, just not at the correct block.

And thank goodness for smart phones and the fact that even when I'm running "late" I'm still not late in real time, because I was a block down from where I should have been and I managed to get myself there in time, only feeling slightly silly for driving to the wrong block of the right street.

That is, until I got to the place and realized what it was called.

"Jones and Fifth Physiotherapy"

As in... the name of the two streets it sits on the corner of.

D'oh.

No comments: