Tuesday 28 August 2012

A Blue Grey Kind of Day

Half by foundimagination
I woke up with the Melancholies this morning.

Well, I didn't really wake up with them, they just kind of piled on to me bit by bit. Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness and all that.

I'm on holiday this week. Vacation. Whatever. Not working, and I love love love not working. (Whoops, am I not supposed to say that out loud?)

This was the week we were supposed to go up Island for a family vacation, and while I suppose we still could (I'd need to drive Mom and Dad, Dad's not allowed to drive yet and Mom wouldn't do the four plus hour drive) or even I could (by myself I suppose, or just Mom and I) I think it's not going to happen. And maybe that's what's bumming me out?

I also don't feel like doing anything, but then that feels like I'm wasting my time off and I'm already not looking forward to having to be back at work and that seems like a massive waste of time and energy and not being-in-the-moment-ness, but still. I don't wanna.

So I'm feeling blue.

I feel like I should get up and do something magnificent! I should... book a flight to Hawaii! Or...go visit some obscure part of Victoria I haven't been to before! Or... at least get up and go to the gym. Or something.

But I can't shake the feeling right now that I'm going to end up feeling this way right up until the day I have to go back to work and I don't want to. And that's the problem with this kind of sadness, or maybe all sadnesses in general. They make it feel like this is how you are going to be feeling for the rest of forever and then nothing feels worth anything anymore.

I dislike days like this very much.

Ugh.

4 comments:

G's said...

DO IT

Book a flight, get in your car, go somewhere!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! We all have those kinds of days...

Anonymous said...

We all have days like you're having. Looks like the weather is going to be beautiful for the rest of the week in your neck of the woods...try some day trips and get some sun on you, than might shake the blahs.

Or get some ice cream and go visit your parents. Or visit your parents and fire up their BBQ. Or...???

Chin up.

- Elliott

Victoria said...

I did G. It cheered me up a bit to be out, but now I'm blue again. I think it'll be better tomorrow.

Thanks Brie

Our weather can't make up its mind Elliott. Today has been both gloomy and sunny. I did have gelato at lunch though :)