Thursday 23 August 2012

Aaaaand Breathe

By The Sea by foundimagination
Well, that was a rough few days there.

Dad's surgery was a couple of days ago and the weekend leading up to it was....fine, but stressful too, somehow none of us were as confident or comfortable with this one, I suppose with all the fears left over from last years surgery.

But things went smoothly (one minor glitch that wasn't really an issue) and he's home and sore but fine.

And I'm exhausted (not as much physically) and ready for a rest, but very much relieved.

One of the things the hospital did was have Dad himself phone us once he was out and comfortable. I can't tell you the relief to hear his voice, sounding great saying "you can come pick me up at 3"

"Is that really you? Are you really ok? Does it hurt?"

All the questions you can't ask a nurse when they call, and to hear his voice was so reassuring and such a relief. I thought it was great.

So now it's another slow recovery for Mom and Dad (but not as slow as last time I think) and some time for me to recuperate from the worry and fear that creeped up on me the closer we got.

I'm glad things went well, and I'm glad we're on the other side of it.

Whew.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so releived for you that your Dad's surgery went well and he is home recouping. That's great news! And that was a nice touch from the hosiptal having your Dad call to say he was OK...I can only imagine how relieved you must have been.

I know it's nothing like you've been going through. Our middle one (she's 17) had her four wisdom teeth out on Tuesday and was put out for the procedure. There's always that worry that the drugs will be too strong...even though it was very minor compared to your Dad, I was still plently relieved when she woke up.

Hopefully this will be the working solution for your Dad and there won't be anymore operations...fingers crossed.

Take care.

- Elliott

Matt79 said...

I'm a long-time reader but haven't managed to comment much (or possibly at all) but I just wanted to say that I'm really pleased to hear that your dad seems to be doing OK. It must be so stressful having something like that hanging over you, so it's great that things look better now.

Anonymous said...

That's great news! We seem to be living in a parallel universe in regards to our dads. Mine is going home today after spending the past 3 weeks in the hospital following 2 separate surgeries. It's hard watching your parents age. Hang in there!

Notducking...

Just Sayin... said...

Excellent news!
xo

Victoria said...

Thanks Elliott. And, yes, I think there's not much more they can do to Dad's heart so it should be good from now on (I hope) :) And, it's true, every procedure is a bit scary.

Oh, thank you very much Matt, and yes, it's a huge weight off. Thanks for commenting ;)

Thanks notducking. Hope your Dad recovers quickly too.

It is JS! :D