Tuesday 7 August 2012

You Take The Good

I've had a mixed few days, but I find myself feeling weirdly relaxed and anxious all at the same time (if that's possible) after the long weekend.

We had glorious weather, complete with sunny, delicious heat and a cooler, cloudy holiday Monday morning that meant it felt right to be lazing about at home.

Took in the ocean on Sunday, (took a short spin in a kayak for the first time since before my accident, and yes, it hurt that night!) and then took myself to Symphony Splash where I thoroughly enjoyed the tribute to John Williams. That guy rocks. (Plus, I correctly guessed all the themes in the medly!) And the marching piper band guys (and gals), they were great too. It's always great. You should go. Next year.

Read a bit, had my Mom re-teach me knitting, walked up a big hill in the heat, ate delicious Ranier cherries, slept well, relaxed.

Saturday was good, although I can't quite remember all that I did, and Sunday was epically great and Monday was good and mellow. So a really good long weekend that came around at exactly the right time.

Helped, if didn't fix... things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Victoria,

Glad you had a good long weekend. Kayaking sounds like fun and I'm glad the concerts were good.

We had ridiculously hot weather here (over 40 with humidity) and it was a nice weekend.

It started badly with a few hours in emergency (damn wasp stings), but got much better. Played golf, saw the Black Keys on Saturday night (they are awesome live!), and hung out with the kids. All around good weekend.

Take care.

- Elliott

Victoria said...

That's crazy hot!

Sorry about the wasps though...

Glad you had a good weekend too.