Saturday 4 August 2012

Catching Up

Ready by foundimagination
While we all play the waiting game around these here parts, here's what else of not-very-consequence is going on.

It's August, which is nice, and we've had lovely weather for a great while now. Lots of things seem to happen in August. It's like the December of Summer, if that makes sense. Symphony Splash this weekend, which is unfortunately reminding me of meeting Chad.

My camera started acting weird mid-July and after a few days of it not quite being able to focus, I contacted Canon. They had me try a few things which didn't help and so I sent it in for them to fix. Now I'm not entirely sure what's going on as their repair service emails are terribly confusing. So either they haven't found anything at all wrong with my camera (which will really weird me out and confuse me) or they have and are going to fix it. Not sure. Waiting to have an email back from them.

I'm currently shooting with my old digital camera (non-SLR) and I'm having to adjust the shots I take. The thing I notice the most is the feeling of being unable to see what I'm taking a picture of. But it's still a decent little camera, and I'm managing. Can't wait to get my real camera back though, and hopefully fixed, too.

Also waiting to have some blood test results back, and keep refreshing the "results" page, and it's driving me a little bit batty.

My Dad's not allowed to drive right now, and we're still weeks away until his scheduled surgery date (and he won't be allowed to drive after that for a while either) so I'm driving my parents when I can. My Mom can drive, for sure, but I know she's very anxious right now waiting, so when I can, I head over and give them a lift somewhere. It makes me feel like I'm helping, and it also gives me an excuse to hang out with them. Not that I need an excuse really. You know what I mean.

I don't know that I'll be going away on a trip at the end of August anymore (see driving, above) but I think I'll still take holiday time. People seem to be going on holiday all around (including two of my Dad's doctors and my friend's OBGYN) so I guess I should do the same, but they're apparently going to do some work around the building right around the same time, so I may not have the most relaxing time at home, but... such is life. I find I'm caring a little less about things these days.

This is a long weekend. I think a lot of people go out of town for the long weekend, so, happy camping/vacationing to them all I say.

I'm sure there's other stuff going on, but for now that's all I can think of. I'm still a little bit rattled and not quite on top of things mentally, but we're coping and it helps to have sunshine and long days.

2 comments:

AmericanBridget (Jones) said...

My old man in the same position...can't drive for another few months. I have to head down to HOU in a few to go give him lifts as my mom has to head to Georgia to help out my grandmother.

Oh the trials of aging family members. But at least I still get to drive my Pops around!!!

Victoria said...

I hear ya. Hugs.