Monday 22 October 2012

On The Day To Day

Yep, this is the stuff that sometimes occupies the mind of a single girl... the weather.

(Which I may be slightly more obsessed by than the ordinary single girl but whatevs!)

Remember that extra long, extended gorgeously sunny and warm summer?  And how it went all through September and even snuck into October a bit?

Yeah, it's gone bye bye.

Last week brought all the rain we haven't had up til now and this weekend has brought the cold.

It's always chilly by Hallowe'en here.  Usually first frost is right about now, and this year seems to be no different.

This weekend was lovely though.  Made extra lovely, I think, by the rain of last week.  Sunny and cold.

Cold enough to get out a scarf and gloves for a mid-morning walk yesterday.

Cold enough to dust off the hot water bottle and wonder why I'd waited so long to dust it off.

So Fall is here, most definitely and the leaves are changing and when the sun is out it's the most beautiful season of all.

Except I feel like I say that almost every season.

And I mean it every time.

So, yes.  The weather has changed, the leaves are changing, and I feel like this needs to be a song lyric, the end.

No comments: