Wednesday 23 January 2013

Um

I don't know what I thought when I was younger, but now that I'm not entirely young anymore, I think I know what sucks most about getting older... about aging.

It's the physical stuff.

I don't know why this wasn't more obvious to me, and I bet most people are looking at me with one eyebrow raised right now in that "are you serious?" kind of way, but I don't know.  I just kind of, somehow didn't think about it.

It's like going out for a couple of drinks and then waking up the next morning super sleepy and exhausted like you stayed up til four in the morning when really it wasn't even midnight and didn't you used to be able to drink a gallon of whatever and bounce back the next day?

But not even that, it's the "I injured my toe and it's still hurting months later" rather than "Yeah, so I injured my toe and now a week later I'm all good."

What's the deal with that?

I feel kind of like no one warned me.  Like, shouldn't someone have told the 17 year old me that a) your body is frigging rocking right now, hot stuff and b) please indulge in the fact that nothing hurts or aches or takes for frigging ever to heal/get better.

I can't even get a cut now without it taking way longer to heal.

I guess I just have to get used to this.

Just please someone tell me it doesn't just keep getting worse?

Please?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It doesn't just keep getting worse ;)

Victoria said...

Whew! Thank you!!! ;)