Tuesday 22 January 2013

Wha?

Still Turning by foundimagination
Over the holidays, my brain had a moment of confusion that was more than my usual "why did I walk into this room again?" kind of deal.

See, Vince (who, no, I haven't heard from since the last night he came over, ahem, was I right or was I right, I called him on his sh*it...) as it turns out, still wears the same cologne he did when we were together four hundred and thirty years ago. 

(Ok, it just feels like that but still)

And it's a nice smell, and I'm not really someone who likes cologne but Vince has always smelled good and still does, which you know, smell is an extremely powerful sense and it brings back memories, unbidden.

Which is why it was so awkward to give my brother a hug when we went to go see them over Christmas and to have him smell the same as Vince!

My brain didn't know what to do with it.  No!  Brother!  Vince!  Confused!  Circuit overload!  Beep beep beep, explode!

My poor brain, can't keep up with unexpected surprises.

No comments: