Monday 22 April 2013

Un

Someone's Going To Be A Big Girl by foundimagination
Oh, you guys.

Don't get too attached to Jay ok?

When he got back, he let me know that he knew it would upset me to hear, but that he'd applied for two jobs with his company based in Vancouver.

And I know many of you will say "Oh, Vancouver!?  That's just a ferry ride away, you guys can make it work!"

And, yes, maybe we can.  I'm sure lots of people do.

But I just don't know.

I'm trying to be all zen and in the moment but sometimes that sucks and I just want to be miserable about the situation and the not so great possible futures I see.

I'm disappointed.

I understand.  But I'm disappointed.

And disappointed turns easily into hurt and hurt into sadness and rehashing of old, unrelated wounds.

So I guess I'm just saying, don't you all get too attached to him or the idea of him or us.

And I'll have to figure out what to do with the attachment I already have to all those things.

9 comments:

Dominic said...

*hug*

Anonymous said...

:( trust me...
i know how it feels...
silvia

kandijay said...

That is amazingly mature of you. I think I would be throwing a full-on tantrum right now...

Kristin Kraves Books said...

Thinking of you! I have so much respect for you and the fact that you have realistic expectations.

Victoria said...

Thanks Dominic. Much needed and appreciated.

Yeah, I hear ya sylvia.

Who said I haven't already thrown one kandijay? ;)

Thank you Kristin. I'm doing my bestest.

Tara said...

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that... I know firsthand how difficult long distance can be :(

Victoria said...

Yeah....

Dateafrenchman said...

Could you guys not see each weekends and decide what to do as time moves on...? Would you be willing to move to Vancouver one day in the future for example? Work is very important to a guy so I think you need to be supportive on this and he'll appreciate you all the more for it. Bises x

Victoria said...

Perhaps we could see each other some weekends Datea, but he may travel a lot, unknown... Would I be willing to move there? Not particularly, jobwise. But, yeah, we will have to see