Thursday 6 June 2013

Dilemma

I feel like I need help with a dilemma that some of you may be more able to help me with than others.

See, I'd like to start to put myself out there a bit more, photography wise.

And by "myself", I mean my real name.  Or at least a less "anonymous" self.

I love the photos I have on flickr now, but they all link to this blog and I really want this blog to stay as far away from my life as it can, even if that's just a pipe dream and not realistic.

So what do I do?  Do I go through and take out all of the pictures from this blog?  Well, no, because there are already people who know my flickr account as being linked to this blog.

So do I start a new flickr account with my name, or the name of what would be a place to direct people or maybe even sell prints eventually?  But then what do I do with this account that I have now.  Keep it and just not upload anymore?  Flickr's changing anyway, and I may not keep my pro account....

I just don't know that I want to maintain two accounts.

I suppose I could start something else entirely, like a Tumblr photography page or a photography website, but it's still two photography based things to maintain, when I really just started uploading to flickr to put photos in my posts.  (Every second post, in case you never noticed the pattern!)

I don't know.  I just know that I wanted to enter a photography contest the other day and they asked you to link to your flickr account and I was all.... oh... well they can't find out who I really am....

So... thoughts?  Suggestions?  Ideas?


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I say new Flickr if you are wanting to put your name out there..

Unknown said...

But I'm no authority.. I Instagram.. and am a complete hack.. but love the edits of Instagram!

mkd said...

I have been exploring Tumblr and really like it - the problem with Instagram that I had is that I can't easily download photos - there is a way to export photos from Flick to Tumblr - this is a link that helped me out some, though I am still working on it.

Let me know what you decide. I'd love to follow your photography too (If that's ok).

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/export-pictures-flickr-tumblr-53257.html

Victoria said...

Yeah, I'd most likely go with flickr Sabrina.

I still don't know about putting my real name out there, Sanibel, I like being "un-googleable" but... we'll see.

Dominic said...

Get some dorky glasses to wear when you want to stay incognito, works for Superman!

Jonathan Beckett said...

I just did pretty much exactly what you're talking about. I split myself down the middle - professional and personal self. I signed into each webservice I wanted under the new "personal" me, with a common name across them all.

It took a couple of evenings to get it all sorted out, but I'm glad I did it.

Victoria said...

Good call Dominic! :D

Fair enough Jonathan. But then your name comes up, like all over I guess.