Friday, 9 August 2013

All Done

Orb It by foundimagination
Y'all, I think I'm really done drinking.

I've mentioned it here before, but over the last year or two, when I have a drink, I end up run down and sick the next day.  Not to mention blue.

And this week was no different.  I had a drink when I was out on the date and, as we all know, I was pretty weepy when I got home.

Was weepy the next day too, which is unusual.  (I'll often sleep off a weepy night.)  And by the next morning, when I woke up, I could barely swallow.

I haven't been around anyone with a cold or anything, but even if I had, I think alcohol just runs down my immune system and then stress or whatever just kicks me over into sick.

So combining the getting sick with the feeling blue, I really don't think an hour's worth of relaxation is worth it.

Not that I need a drink to have fun or anything, when I'm with my friends I'm silly enough just myself, but I just can't handle feeling like this for the next week.  So not worth it.

Oh well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt79 said...

I pretty much quit drinking 15 years ago (it seemed to send me to sleep) - I quickly didn't miss it, and it's great never having a hangover, plus I must have saved an enormous amount of money by now! So quitting gets a thumbs-up from me!

Friday, August 09, 2013 2:32:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

Yeah, I don't think I'll miss it all that much either. And you and I can go out for a non-drink! :)

Friday, August 09, 2013 10:40:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.