Monday 12 August 2013

Different

It's an interesting experience to be going through this "dating" thing again...

This guy, in particular, will go for days not contacting me, and I'm ok with that.  Like, the day after our first date he texted me and we decided to do something the next week.  And I don't think I heard from him until that day, or maybe the day before.

And it doesn't bother me.  I don't take it personally, I just figure he's busy and we're just still checking each other out.  I'm not a priority in his life, which either means he's not that into me (either? yet?) or he just doesn't have a lot of free time.

Or whatever.

It's different for me to not be DYING to talk to/spend time with/hear from a guy, and it's not that I necessarily like the feeling, but it is easier.  Less stress to just sort of not particularly care that much.

There's a difference in opinions with people I talk to about this guy.  Some seem to think I should just see what happens, not over think it and that I'll know one way or another.  Some seem to think it's already done, that the fact that I'm not drooling over him means it's not a match.

I'm sort of somewhere in between.  Willing to see... still.

I keep thinking though that if we see each other once a week, which we might have if I hadn't gotten a cold, I'm not sure how I'd feel about him heading into Burning Man and I don't know how I'll feel about myself or anything after.  So I kind of feel like I'm in a weird spot anyway.

But, yeah, it's a different feeling being detached from it all a little bit.  And I can't help but wonder if it's a bit more normal.

(Not that there really is a "normal", eh?)

No comments: