Friday 16 August 2013

'Mendations

10/10/10 by foundimagination
Ooooooohkay, since I've been knitting up a frenzy while watching tv shows the past month or so (I'm thinking I may give them to people at Burning Man as it's a core value to gift, so I've been trying to make lots) I thought I'd tell you some of the shows and books I've enjoyed, that were new to me, since I'm always asking you for recommendations!

In no particular order...

Best book in a while:  Kings of Cool (prequel to Savages) by (gotta look it up) Don Winslow was fantastic.  (So was Savages.)

TV that was new to me and that I enjoyed:
House of Cards (y'all were right!)
Damages
Orange is the New Black
The Americans





Oh, and some songs that came out of somewhere or other to really work for me this summer:

The Lightning Strike (What if this Storm Ends) - Snow Patrol
What I Wouldn't Do - Serena Ryder
I Love It - Icona Pop
Old Skin - Ólafur Arnalds & Arnor Dan
To Love Somebody - Roberta Flack.

And some song I heard this morning that was ... Of Monsters and Men that I have to go find now that I've just remembered it.

D'oh.  I've just realized this is the kind of post I should have kept for when I get back from B.M.  Random and neutral and not really to do with anything.

Oh well, next time!

2 comments:

Kate said...

So glad you liked HoC! I'm still wanting Robin Wright's wardrobe!

Victoria said...

Oh my gosh, seriously!