Tuesday 15 October 2013

A Summary

I'm still working on figuring out how to write about it, but I think I've probably mentioned it in passing here or there... I'm unhappy about how my body looks, and a couple of weeks ago, C-Dawg and I decided we'd support each other and encourage each other in making some positive changes.

Last week, I also started documenting what I was doing (mainly exercise wise) so that I could hopefully see the progress that I might have forgotten otherwise.

I realized that since I was writing it down anyway, I could probably just summarize things here.

Am I making sense?

So.

C-Dawg and I managed to work out together one day a couple of weeks ago, and then last weekend I tried the easiest level of what's her name's 30 day shred.  I didn't manage to make it through that first time without taking breaks, and I felt pretty darn un-fit.  I also sweated a lot.  But it was pretty fast and I managed it.

I did the video workout four times total last week, and I did notice improvement.  By the fourth time, I didn't have to stop to rest during the cardio portions (jumping jacks, etc.) and I felt a little stronger.

No change to be seen physically... like weight wise or clothes-fitting wise and that can be a little discouraging.  It would be nice if there was an instant, overnight change that would encourage you to keep going.

I've felt stiff, and sore, but have been gentle enough with myself to avoid injury.  Threw in some other workouts, and a walk or stationary bike ride here or there, so I'm supposed to be happy with myself for the exercise I did last week.

Re-injured my toe though.

Not exercising.

Stepped backwards and accidentally stepped on a child's foot and jerked forward, and honestly?  It feels like I may have re-ripped something that was mid-healing.  I don't know.  But that walk I went on on Saturday, in the sun with my friend?  Yeah, I was limping.  And Sunday morning, it hurt to walk.  I'm hoping I can rest it back to health, because I don't have an appointment to see the foot guy again until next week.  May have to avoid long walks for a while... or something.

But anyway.  The other thing I noticed is how I have some really bad times of day for wanting to stuff my face with things, and how sugar is kind of like an addiction for me.  Seriously.  It's something I'm going to have to keep figuring out.

So.  I keep telling myself that it's baby steps.  That I can't expect too much, or perfection, just that I'm pointing in the direction I want to go and that I pat myself on the back for the successes and the good things I do, and just keep taking little steps in the right direction.

Baby steps.  A good week last week.

Baby steps again this week.  No comparison.  Just day by day.

(Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention... I guess it was Friday that I did the 30 day shred video, but also, on top of that did two sets of wall sits for 30 seconds each, plus some lunges and so this weekend there was a whole lot of whimpering when I sat down or stood up or had to use stairs.  Whimper.  But in a good way kind of, right?)

6 comments:

Dominic said...

If it's of any interest, I signed up to Fitocracy a while ago - it was originally designed as a 'game-ify your life'/"exercise to win points and level up" type thing, but it's become more of a social site for people to discuss exercise & fitness.

I've found it pretty good for keeping motivated - even if you don't talk much, reading about everyone else's triumphs & tragedies can help keep you going.

G's said...

Good for you for trying and opt for healthier life habits. Your body will take the time it needs to change.

It might take months or a year to start seeing differences, depending on how often you excercise, what type of activity you do, what you eat, genetics, etc...

Don't give up! It'll be worth it in the long run :)

Elliott said...

Good for you! The whimpering is a good sign.

I started playing hockey again a couple of weeks. Wow, I'm out of shape. So I'm with you on the desire to fitter in two workouts or less...too bad it's not that easy...

Victoria said...

Fitocracy... I'll check it out! :)

I hope so G!

Some whimpering is good Elliott ;) But, yes, fitter in two workouts would be sweet! If only

Unknown said...

Hey there my names angel I just start blogging yesterday jus look for help tips n comments from other bloggers to see what I'm talkn bout AmbitiousGurls.blogspot.com

Victoria said...

Good luck with your blog