Friday 25 October 2013

Brain. Power!

When It Burns by foundimagination
I'm still stumbling through this moment and figuring things out, but I thought I'd tell you this Burning Man moment that I keep meaning to share.

One of the first days, I think we were walking to get ice, when I was approached by a young fellow and his friends.

This young guy held out his hand, which had a small grid made of tied together glow sticks.

"Do you want to play Tic-Tac-Toe?"  He asked.

Well, yes, of course I did.

(This is the answer to most questions at Burning Man.  It's far more fun that way!)

What I learned was that to play the game, we just pointed to the square we wanted.

And then we had to remember!

And that was the hardest part.

I mean, there's a little bit of strategy to tic-tac-toe, sure, but can you imagine trying to figure out that strategy while remembering which squares you put your marks in and which squares the other guy put his in?

It took all of whatever brain power I had, but I won the game and hugs were exchanged and all was well with the world.

But seriously. 

Tic-tac-toe without a board is hard dude!

No comments: