Saturday 12 October 2013

Odd

I don't know if it's just my mind playing tricks on me, but I feel like I've read the book I'm reading right now already.

And I'm 99.9% sure I haven't.

It doesn't help that the book I started reading before this book I *had* already read and it wasn't until 100 pages in that I was sure enough to stop.

But this book?  Feels very familiar.

Have I read something with a similar premise maybe?  Is that what's going on?

But anyway, it's an odd feeling.

Not that I know what's going to happen necessarily, just that I feel like the story is not new to me.


Updated to add:  Seriously.  I KNOW I've already read the part I just read last night.  Maybe in a preview or something but still... I've read it already.  What is happening?

2 comments:

Elliott said...

This has happened to me more than once. I chalk it up to reading too many books by the same author and the same genre...eventually stories get recycled.

It's better than thinking I'm losing my mind and getting old...

Victoria said...

Yeah, I think I've read a few Neil Gaiman and probably one that's similar to this one in characters and I've just forgotten that I read it. Also, good point about the story recycling too ;)