Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Pushing Past The Blahs

Along The Wall by foundimagination
In an attempt to un-do the backfiring somewhat, to drag myself out of the unhappy the last few days got me stuck in, I a) forced myself to exercise even though I felt far too heavy (emotionally) to do so and I b) hunkered down and went back on the site.

I still don't know if the site will ever work for me, the whole process post messaging doesn't suit me, as I keep saying here, but as I said to my friend, it's not a door I'm 100% sure I want to shut, because I really don't have a lot of interaction with potential dates in my day to day life.

I'm sort of half debating messaging back the maybe-just-hookup guy to see if ... I don't know, he'd want to hang out, knowing I'm not up for cheap sex?  Maybe I embarrassed him by taking things the wrong way, I don't know.  But I haven't yet, because... I'm not sure.  Just haven't.  Can't quite figure it out, just more often than not it doesn't feel like the right thing to do.

I did come across a guy I'd met at a pre-Burning Man BBQ and then saw on the dating site, so I dropped him a line to ask how his burn went.  I think at the very least I could meet him and have things to talk about since we do have Burning Man in common now.

I don't know, it can be really frustrating to be online.  It can be really disheartening.

But, technically, I did find Jay that way... ironically, about a year ago almost exactly... so maybe it's just about ignoring the disheartening and frustrating.

Or maybe it's just a distraction while I do my best to keep moving away from missing whatever good there was with Jay and I.

5 Comments:

Blogger G's said...

Don't message the hookup guy back! Unless you want to hookup. You didn't hurt his feelings i can promise you that.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 11:06:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

I won't. (Plus, he deleted that account and started up an almost identical new one!)

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 12:20:00 pm  
Blogger onelanalove said...

i feel the same torn feeling when I online date. it feels like torture but I nanny a 12 year old and a dog, so not a lot of potential mates there, and I don't drink making the whole bar scene unbearable and not fun. I try to like the people I meet online, I do but it sometimes feels like it is just a dead end. plus it seems that if i write someone i am interested in they never write back, and I never like the ones who write me! Thanks for always making me feel less alone in all this :)

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 11:17:00 pm  
Anonymous Dominic said...

Seems like you might appreciate this poster at the moment..

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:40:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

It can be SOOOOOO frustrating onelana!!!! (I think I keep going because I know people who have married someone they met on line so....)


I AM A CUTE PENGUIN!

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:32:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.