Monday 18 November 2013

Backfired

Well that whole "I'll see what's on the dating site" idea really backfired on me.

I thought I'd move onwards and upwards from Jay, but instead I found a guy who just wanted a hookup, and another nice guy who is a part-time smoker and yet another guy who never returned my messages after I shared my photo with him.

And after my crying meltdown all I wanted to do was call Jay and have him make me feel better.

Because I would feel better, for a bit if I talked to him, connected with him.

And then I'd be no further ahead, but I also wouldn't be quite so sad and hurt.

Don't want to get stuck in "I'll be single forever" self-pity, but man... it's kind of not hard to feel that way right now.

Everything feels pretty sucky right now and that's no way to feel.

At all.

4 comments:

Mom of 3 said...

Everyone has their own opinion on dating sites, of course, but I like online dating and have had the most luck with plenty of fish in particular. I try to stay positive, remembering that it is a numbers game. Plus, there's the case of "the grass is always greener" when men have so many potential options. I rarely meet men in person that I date, so most of my dates are from online activity. With that being said, 90% of them are one date's. There's just no chemistry with most of them. Don't give up!

As far as Jay, I'll keep it positive but you have to let him go. I have a policy of never contacting (or responding to) a former boyfriend once we have broken up. It's like pulling off the band-aid real slowly....

Victoria said...

I won't give up... just sometimes want to! ;)

And, yes... band-aids... I hear you :)

Duff said...

I use a site called tastebuds.fm. It links up your last.fm profile, or you can manually input artists/songs you like. It then matches you with others based on music taste and location :)

Everyone seems more friendly on there than the straight up dating sites. And it gives you something to start off with if you're both into similar music.

Anyway, just a thought, it'll be nowhere near as popular as something like match.com, so I've no idea if there's anyone registered from Victoria yet ^^

In any case, I'm hoping you come across a nice caring funny guy soon.

Victoria said...

That sounds so cool! I'll check it out :)