Monday, 18 November 2013

Backfired

Well that whole "I'll see what's on the dating site" idea really backfired on me.

I thought I'd move onwards and upwards from Jay, but instead I found a guy who just wanted a hookup, and another nice guy who is a part-time smoker and yet another guy who never returned my messages after I shared my photo with him.

And after my crying meltdown all I wanted to do was call Jay and have him make me feel better.

Because I would feel better, for a bit if I talked to him, connected with him.

And then I'd be no further ahead, but I also wouldn't be quite so sad and hurt.

Don't want to get stuck in "I'll be single forever" self-pity, but man... it's kind of not hard to feel that way right now.

Everything feels pretty sucky right now and that's no way to feel.

At all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mom of 3 said...

Everyone has their own opinion on dating sites, of course, but I like online dating and have had the most luck with plenty of fish in particular. I try to stay positive, remembering that it is a numbers game. Plus, there's the case of "the grass is always greener" when men have so many potential options. I rarely meet men in person that I date, so most of my dates are from online activity. With that being said, 90% of them are one date's. There's just no chemistry with most of them. Don't give up!

As far as Jay, I'll keep it positive but you have to let him go. I have a policy of never contacting (or responding to) a former boyfriend once we have broken up. It's like pulling off the band-aid real slowly....

Monday, November 18, 2013 10:16:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

I won't give up... just sometimes want to! ;)

And, yes... band-aids... I hear you :)

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 12:22:00 pm  
Anonymous Duff said...

I use a site called tastebuds.fm. It links up your last.fm profile, or you can manually input artists/songs you like. It then matches you with others based on music taste and location :)

Everyone seems more friendly on there than the straight up dating sites. And it gives you something to start off with if you're both into similar music.

Anyway, just a thought, it'll be nowhere near as popular as something like match.com, so I've no idea if there's anyone registered from Victoria yet ^^

In any case, I'm hoping you come across a nice caring funny guy soon.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 3:46:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

That sounds so cool! I'll check it out :)

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 3:56:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.