Wednesday 6 November 2013

Remember The Day?

You know how Blockbuster and other video rental stores had a really hard time for a while and then just started... disappearing?


Well, I'm thinking that next in line is going to be movie theaters.

I know I haven't been to one in a while, and on top of that, I haven't really watched a movie at all in a while.  I'm more interested in investing in characters that are going to be around for a season.  For 14 episodes.

Almost like a bunch of movies.

I don't know, it's not a super scientific analysis by any means.  I just think movie theaters are going to start going the way of video stores.

Just kind of a gut feeling.

Me?  I still miss drive ins.  And I only went to one once.

Maybe I'd go to movies more if I had a date.  What do I know?

5 comments:

Elliott said...

Drive-ins are awesome. One of the benefits of living in the sticks in Ontario...we have drive-in. A few times a summer we load up the Avalanche with bean bag chairs, mosquito spray, lawn chairs, and go enjoy car-load night. Some nights they have triple features that go until 2ish. Lots of fun.

Unknown said...

I go to the movies.. my daughters go to the movies.. small town ontario doesn't have much else! I've gone tons by myself to.. I like movies ALOT I do really enjoy the whole concept of watching full seasons of shows. The Tudors is on deck for a re watch by me.. I just caught up on madmen.. loved it!

Victoria said...

Sounds awesome Elliott.

Full seasons of shows are so much fun to watch ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Victoria,
I hope the movies don't go away. I love going to the movies and seeing things on the big screen. Nothing compares to that. I am single and happily go to the movies by myself. It's actually one of the activities that isn't hard to do alone. As opposed to the beach - I can't/won't go to the beach alone.
Anyway, go to the movies sometime - it's great!
From Sydney

Victoria said...

Fair enough Sydney :) Maybe I'll see if there's something out this weekend I'd like to see...