Tuesday 21 January 2014

Hole-y

I have a favourite pair of jeans that I got a couple of years ago.

They fit really well, and when I wear them people ask me if I've lost weight, so they must do something flattering for my lower half.

And they're comfortable.  (Which, is like the most important thing!)

I noticed a month or so ago that they were starting to look worn in the general crotch-ish area, but I didn't think much about it because jeans usually last for ever.

So I was slightly horrified to be sitting on my couch cross-legged at the end of the day this weekend and find that "worn" had become "worn through" and that I could, in fact, see skin.

Eeeek!

Horrified because I didn't know when this had happened and what if I had been sitting like this somewhere and been seen?

Also bummed that my favourite jeans have to go bye bye and I have to go jeans shopping again.

Boo, boo and double boo.

So, yeah... For probably at least one day, I wore jeans that were partially see through.

It could have been a lot worse.

Yikes.

7 comments:

Dominic said...

"Jeans last forever"?!

Mine are generally dead within six months. What do you know that I don't? :(

kandijay said...

I agree with Dominic. And whenever I find that great pair that makes me look fabulous, they discontinue the style.

Elliott said...

I have one pair of 501's that have been with me since either high school or early university...can't remember which. They are worn right out, patched, and frayed...but I can't get rid of them. They are the yard work jeans...and they still fit so yay for that.

Chris said...

Sorry I missed seeing you in your "worn" jeans! ;)

Victoria said...

I dunno... I don't wear them the right way maybe Dominic? ;)

That's true Kandijay, they always make the good ones go away! Waaah!

Yay for that indeed Elliott! :D

Oh man, Chris, I'm not sorry! ;)

Unknown said...

I read your blog and think you should check mine out it's about giving advice
sweetgirladvice.blogspot.com

Victoria said...

Good luck with your blog :)