Wednesday 26 February 2014

I'm Still Catching Up

I need me my sleep.

And as much as I forget it in the moment, a late night will cost me a week of being extra sleepy.

The reason I'm talking about this right now?

I got a late night wake up this weekend and I'm still feeling like I can't get enough sleep to make up for it.

It was 3:30 (yes, A.M.) on Friday night and I'd been having a dream about Jason, who was out with friends for the evening.  And in the middle of that dream my buzzer rang.  Someone was at the door, wanting in.

I was shocked awake by the noise of it but I was also kind of flattered.  Jason, who I was guessing was tipsy at this time of the morning, had clearly made his way to my place and was wanting to see me.

Call it a booty call if you like, I knew we wouldn't do much more than smooch and cuddle and fall asleep and I was good with that.  The company was going to be nice.

So as all those thoughts sprang threw my groggily jolted awake head, I picked up the phone next to my bed.

"Well, hello" I drawled. 

No response from drunken Jason.

I fumbled to see in the dark and pressed the button to let him in.

And then I slipped on my dressing gown and went to the door.

And...waited.

I didn't hear him coming up the stairs so I frowned confusedly after waiting for a few moments and closed the door again.

I found my cell.

"Didn't I just let you in?"

No response.

I figured his cell was out of batteries.  After all, it was nearly four in the morning.

Maybe I'd pressed the wrong button and he was still out there waiting to be let in?  Maybe he was really drunk and had changed his mind and gone home, feeling bad for waking me?

I decided to head down to the door to let him in.

I padded downstairs and along the hall and?  No one was at the door.

No drunken Jason.

Hmm... maybe he'd already started stumbling home?

I texted him again.  "I'm confused."

No answer.

I locked the door and wondered what I should do.  Should I drive along where he might be walking and pick him up?  (I'd been looking forward to a cuddle after all.)  No, I'd wait until he got home, plugged in his phone to charge and saw my texts.

I brought my cell into bed with me and tried to sleep but couldn't.

Wasn't sure why he had buzzed and not come in.  I mean, it was him, wasn't it?

I must have fallen asleep eventually because I woke up to a text from C-Dawg telling me it was snowing!

I looked outside and smiled, and tried to get a few more winks of sleep before my meeting.

Later Saturday morning, I texted Jason. 

"Hey, good morning.  So, did you come by last night?"

"Nope.  I was at [friend's] house all night."

"Oh.  Uh oh."

Meaning, I have no idea who buzzed me at 3:30 in the morning, but assuming I pressed the right button on my phone, I let a stranger into the building!

I can only hope they were here to visit someone and just got the wrong buzzer number, but ... whoops!

Anyway.  My point is, I'm still recovering from that interrupted sleep.

Oh, and I probably should always ask who's buzzing at the door instead of just assuming.

My bad.

4 comments:

Chris said...

it was likely those who are watching you.... get your spy cloak fixed!

Victoria said...

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT!???? lol

Chris said...

I've said too much! hope they don't come after me! cloak on!

:P

Victoria said...

Hey, wait, where did you go? Chris? Chris?

Weird...

;)