Thursday 27 February 2014

Just Noticing

Steady On by foundimagination
I didn't know or realize it at the time (I don't think) but I was pretty spoiled by the time I had with Jay.

I mean all the time I had with Jay around all the time if that makes sense.

No.  Let me start again.

I'm only realizing how how much I enjoyed having Jay living with me and how lucky I was to have had that.

Really, we were only able to have that because Jay was homeless and unemployed.  Or to be more polite about it, Jay was between contracts and didn't have a residence as he wasn't sure where his next contract would place him.  (There, did that sound nicer?)

And that sends me off on an entirely new train of thought about how convenient it must have been for Jay to have me to stay with.  But.. I'd rather not get on the bitter train today so let's just hop back off shall we?

So Jason (which is also another post/train of thought as well) is working and has a place.  And so he's not free to hang out with me all the time.  Or sometimes much of the time.  He's often busy on weekends and my down time doesn't always match with his.  And I think this is what it's usually like for people who both have jobs and busy lives when they're hanging out but it made me realize how much I liked having Jay around all the time.

He was here when I got home and we could do something.  Go for a walk or just sit and watch a show or whatever.  And when I felt like doing something we could.  Or if I just wanted to chill and do nothing we could.  We could sit and read.  Or just be around each other.  I liked having that company.

He was always with me in bed at night and I got used to that and liked it and he was there when I woke up in the morning and I got to have a quick snuggle each morning before I left for work.

Not "normal" I'm sure but still nice.  And although I really enjoy my time to myself and my down time, it was nice to have someone always free when I wanted company or wanted an adventure.

I miss living with a love.  I was kind of spoiled by Jay.

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

I think this is why folks end up moving in together, isn't it?

The progression though is usually that you find yourself spending more and more time together, and one person is staying over more and more, and then it suddenly seems to make more sense to keep one place, rather than two.

It sounds like with Jay, you just skipped that part where you have to do the progression and skipped to the end.

Victoria said...

True enough :)