Monday 24 February 2014

My Entire Everything Is Happier

I really like being physically comfortable.

I mean, maybe that sounds like a really obvious statement but I don't mean it to be.

What I mean is, like, what I'm wearing sort of thing.

Like, take this weekend.

I had a morning meeting on Saturday so I got up, dressed, went to the meeting and came home.  I then started my laundry and tidied a bit before realizing there was no need for me to continue wearing my "real" clothes.

So I took off the outfit, pants, socks, undies, bra, top and put them away and then I slid on my warmest pj bottoms, slippers and a soft t-shirt and hoodie.

And I swear, my whole body sighed happily.

It just felt so good.

And I was happier.  I love being physically comfortable.  Skin against clothing wise.

Soft, loose... happy.

C-Dawg and I were talking about clothes on Thursday.  She came to work in yoga/workout pants and a hoodie and she said she was in the best mood because of it.  She felt happy and relaxed and things weren't bothering her as much.

And I was jealous.

I love being physically comfortable and I wonder how my day to day might change if I was able to be as comfortable during the week as I am on my down time.

But, anyway... I'm just saying, I love being super comfy.  It makes me happy all over.

8 comments:

Meg said...

I. Get. This.
I did the same sort of thing - shit day, hot weather, house to myself. Had a shower, pumiced my feet and put on PJs, soft baby socks and curled up on the couch with my kitty. And literally the entire day melted away and I felt awesome!
You described this feeling so well, I completely relate!
I think Casual Friday should be mandatory yoga pants and hoodie/tee day - productivity would probably blow shit out of the water!
M x

Victoria said...

Totally!

We may be kindred spirits, you and I ;)

Also, this is now my new favourite line "productivity would probably blow shit out of the water" :)

Meg said...

Hahaha yusss! I'm glad I expanded your collection of expressions :)

Victoria said...

:D

Also, I just came home from a few hours out and am deleriously happy to be in my sweats and a tshirt, so happy!

Meg said...

Jeal.Ous! It's blowing a frigging gale here, I'm on-and-off falling asleep over accounts at my desk and can't wait to get home - house-husbands are away, so out comes the frumpy Bain jersey and trackies and cat socks. Uber excited.
Weird how such casual things can sometimes bring more joy than sparkly, glittery jewellery and hi-heels!

Victoria said...

Oh jeez. We got our gale/rain deluge today, but once again... COMFIES TO THE RESCUE!!!!

;)

Meg said...

Comfies again tonight!?

Victoria said...

Always :)