Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Not

Light by foundimagination
I get really angry when people turn out not to be perfect.

Yeah, I know how that sounds.

When I'm getting to know people, or even when I know them already, I somehow have this vision, this idea in my head that they are perfect in all the ways I imagine them to be.

They are the friend who is selfless.  The boyfriend who knows everything about me and has memorized every word I ever spoke. 

People that I let into my life, closer than a co-worker or acquaintance, I feel like they're perfect.  And I get mad when they're not.

I get mad when the friend who is a perfect parent is grumpy and short with her kids.

I get mad when the boyfriend forgets I already told him I don't like X, Y, Z and here he is all excited about X, Y, Z for dinner.

I know this is not realistic.  I know no one is perfect.  But I still get angry and frustrated and hurt when people are less than I believed them to be.

And I feel like it just continues the cycle of me feeling like I'm always being let down by people.

I wonder just how crazy in the head this makes me....

 

4 Comments:

Blogger Likalia said...

I know this is often how I feel about people when they 'let me down', a by-product of wanting to see the best in people. Which I suppose is a little crazy since no one is perfect, but it is always disappointing when people do something that goes against the image you have of them in your mind.

I am sure it is a feeling people have about me all the time too, I guess we all just need to train ourselves to not be so critical or idealistic. I am not sure really since I can't seem to prevent myself from falling into the same situation over and over again. :)

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 8:54:00 am  
Blogger Dominic said...

You and every "Twilight" fan ;)

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:41:00 am  
Blogger designicure said...

I used to be like this all the time, and would "cut" people out who disappointed me numerous times and let me down.
I realised that was going to affect me more than them, as I would end up with very little friends!
So now I've learnt to lower my expectations, or don't have any at all - and am surprisingly surprised by how some people step up :)

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 11:22:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

Totally Likalia...

Twilight fans are crazy too? Or they're disappointed that Edward was so perfect?

I wish I knew how to not have expectations, it's a concept I can't quite figure out.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:40:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.