Wednesday 19 February 2014

Well Then

I don't know if I "caved" or if I just felt like not fighting it anymore, but at a certain point this weekend I decided I was going to text Jay.

I thought about it, slept on it and decided that yes, I was ok with it and the possible ramifications could be handled, if they came up at all.

So I brought up iMessage on my computer and when I brought up his last messages his name went red.

"Huh.  That's odd," I thought.  And the program said that the user was not registered with iMessage.

I knew, vaguely, that Jay was going out of country to visit his son some time this month so I thought well, maybe that's what it is and I went to my phone to try to text him that way.

And, again, his number didn't work.

So I guess the Universe found a really solid way of gently reminding me to just let it be with Jay right now.

And I'm not going to mess with the Universe.

4 comments:

Chris said...

good idea! Don't mess with Ms. Universe, she gets mad when you mess with her.

Victoria said...

Yeah, fair enough, eh?

(Although, I always saw the Universe as a masculine if anything, go figure) ;)

Jonathan Beckett said...

I had that happen a while ago with an old friend - but I figured out they had essentially blocked or unfriended me... :(

Victoria said...

:(