Friday 28 February 2014

Something Something Letting Go

There's, I'm sure, a ton of quotes about how when you let go of something, somehow it happens.  Or something like that.

You know, you finally let go of wanting a husband and the next thing you know you meet the man of your dreams?  That kind of thing?

Yeah well.

I got rid of my jeans in October.

The ones that didn't fit anymore because they were too tight.

There was a clothing exchange happening and I didn't want to go but I sorted through my closet and sent a few things with a friend and I finally got rid of those jeans.  I wasn't going to fit into them again, who was I kidding?

And I don't know how much longer after that it was but people started to comment that my pants were too big.

Well, yeah.  I mean I'd gone and bought new ones.  A size up.  So that they fit.

But then I guess I kind of lost a bit of weight or shrunk some other way and so they became a lot more comfortable and I didn't mind how they looked.

Except people kept bringing it up.

"Those don't fit you know."  "Those are too big for you!"

And then my other jeans got the hole and so I brought out the baggy pair and the straw finally broke things when a (hilarious, well meaning) friend told me that it looked like I'd "taken a shit" in my diaper and what on earth was wrong with my pants?

So I went jean shopping the very next day.

And wouldn't you know it, if I still had those jeans I gave away?  They'd fit again.

And apparently I look a whole lot better with (smaller) pants that actually fit.

I should probably apply this life lesson to other things, eh?

What shall I give away next?

3 comments:

Chris said...

if your giving things away, I'll take a car or nice couch. :P

Chris said...

and I bet those "old" jeans looked really nice on you! :P

Victoria said...

Only giving things away that I don't use anymore, Chris, sorry! ;)

They might have done, I don't know :)