Saturday 5 April 2014

It's My Couch's Fault ?

It's possibly one of the stupidest cycles to get into but I feel like it happens a whole lot.

Or maybe it just happens and feels like a whole lot.  Anyway.

I noticed a few weeks (?) ago that I was stuck in this cycle.  And that it didn't feel like the first time I'd been caught in it.

I was exhausted.  So tired I didn't feel like I had the energy to exercise or work out.  So exhausted I didn't feel like I wanted to take the extra time to meditate or doing mindfulness.  Just wanted to sit and do nothing.

But then here's the thing.  If I do it, if I exercise, work out, meditate, do mindfulness exercises I feel better.  I feel less exhausted.  Less stressed.  Better.

But it's so hard to get motivated to do them.  And so easy to forget in that moment that I will most likely feel a lot less ugh after.

It's so hard to move from the relaxed, comfortable position I'm in on my couch to go do something I know won't be fun or easy.

But I'm always glad that I did once it's done.

Sigh.

5 comments:

Chris said...

I hear ya. I usually blame the weather!

Happydog said...

I usually tell myself I just have to do something for 5 minutes and then I can quit if I want. Sometimes I actually do the whatever for 5 minutes but more often I keep going. Even if it's just for another 5 minutes :)

Victoria said...

*shakes fist at weather on Chris' behalf!

Totally a good idea HD. I usually just try to tell myself I just have to do something small. It's the starting that's hard!

Elliott said...

I know what you mean. During the winter months my exercise is mainly hockey. And because I play beer league and pick-up, the hours are often late. Peeling my butt off the couch to play hockey at 9:30pm is not easy...but I almost always feel better afterwards...except when I take a puck in the goalie mask...

Victoria said...

Ouch! ;)