Saturday, 5 April 2014

It's My Couch's Fault ?

It's possibly one of the stupidest cycles to get into but I feel like it happens a whole lot.

Or maybe it just happens and feels like a whole lot.  Anyway.

I noticed a few weeks (?) ago that I was stuck in this cycle.  And that it didn't feel like the first time I'd been caught in it.

I was exhausted.  So tired I didn't feel like I had the energy to exercise or work out.  So exhausted I didn't feel like I wanted to take the extra time to meditate or doing mindfulness.  Just wanted to sit and do nothing.

But then here's the thing.  If I do it, if I exercise, work out, meditate, do mindfulness exercises I feel better.  I feel less exhausted.  Less stressed.  Better.

But it's so hard to get motivated to do them.  And so easy to forget in that moment that I will most likely feel a lot less ugh after.

It's so hard to move from the relaxed, comfortable position I'm in on my couch to go do something I know won't be fun or easy.

But I'm always glad that I did once it's done.

Sigh.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Chris said...

I hear ya. I usually blame the weather!

Sunday, April 06, 2014 1:37:00 pm  
Blogger Happydog said...

I usually tell myself I just have to do something for 5 minutes and then I can quit if I want. Sometimes I actually do the whatever for 5 minutes but more often I keep going. Even if it's just for another 5 minutes :)

Sunday, April 06, 2014 2:08:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

*shakes fist at weather on Chris' behalf!

Totally a good idea HD. I usually just try to tell myself I just have to do something small. It's the starting that's hard!

Sunday, April 06, 2014 5:29:00 pm  
Anonymous Elliott said...

I know what you mean. During the winter months my exercise is mainly hockey. And because I play beer league and pick-up, the hours are often late. Peeling my butt off the couch to play hockey at 9:30pm is not easy...but I almost always feel better afterwards...except when I take a puck in the goalie mask...

Monday, April 07, 2014 8:05:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

Ouch! ;)

Monday, April 07, 2014 6:39:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.