Friday 4 April 2014

Gone Bye Bye

I've been writing a lot.

Not here.  This is different.  This writing just happens, just comes and I have to write it down. 

I'm not sharing it here, but I do share it I guess.  I send it to Jason, and he reads it and tells me it's great and I should do something with it and maybe I will, I don't know, but not here.

Anyway.  I tell you this because I lost a poem the other day.

I've been really inspired and things will just pop into my head and NEED to be written right then and there and so I was half awake a few mornings ago and a poem started writing itself in my head.

But I was sleepy.  And so comfortable.  And I didn't want to wake up enough to write it down so I just said it over in my head a few times, trusting that in the near future when I was awake I'd remember it and get it on paper.

Aaaaaand it was gone.

I have no idea what it was about or any of the words or even the thought.

So, yeah.  I lost a poem.  If you find it, send it my way?

Thanks.

4 comments:

AFST said...

Ah, a poet's heart!

I, too, have that curious moment where I wake up and have these amazing storylines rolling around in my noggin. Of course, mine usually involve tyrannical androids or doomsday devices in the clutches of evil masterminds and their wicked apprentices....

So, ahem, if I find it, can I keep it? I promise I'll be responsible and raise it as though it were of my own creativity...

Victoria said...

Ok, yes you can totally keep it and raise it as your own! :D

AFST said...

Haha, I just adopted a lost poem!

I'm just curious why you haven't posted any poetry here? For some reason, I feel like you have a binder stuffed full with poems somewhere, just waiting to be read...

Victoria said...

You know what?

I don't know why.

Maybe partly because I feel like this is a "dairy" sort of journal and my poetry is.. I don't know, not of interest? Too personal? Dunno.

I'll think on that though :)

Hugs