Thursday 17 April 2014

OK, So Hi

Well that was an amazing night's sleep that was apparently very needed!  Woo hooo!

Ok, so I was down at the beach this weekend (which, I'm sorry rest of Canada but it was GLORIOUSly sunny and warm and delicious) and I took my earphones out for a while to listen to whatever was going on around me.

There was a father and his two kids, a boy and a girl playing nearby and I was sort of half listening to them.  At one point, the girl kept asking her brother to come see what she was doing, and the older brother was ignoring her (as brothers tend to do... at least in my experience!)  This girl got more and more annoyed until she finally turned to him and said the most adorable thing.

Please say this in a really frustrated 6 or 8 year old girl's voice:   "That's boring!  I'm making real stuff with clay, you're whacking stuff!"

Yes, sweetheart, I know.  This is the annoying things with brothers.

You're making real stuff... and... well, he's out whacking things with a stick.  Each of you thinks what the other is doing is terrifically boring.

And that's just how it is with siblings.

And boys.

The end!

3 comments:

AFST said...

What happened next?

I can almost imagine the little girl running to grab Daddy, tugging his shorts until he followed her, and then bursting into tears when she looked over at the mound of disheveled sand that was once a sprawling sand castle replete with a flag, and then her brother laughing his mischievous little head off in the corner!

AFST said...

*Oops, meant clay, not sand.

Victoria said...

I think, if I remember correctly, there was some more... uh... (whining?) and I maybe put my headphones back in.

Dad did not go to look at anything, and her clay... whatever it was seemed like a pile o' dirt to me ;)