Saturday 2 August 2014

Awwww Nuts

No.  Not nuts, actually.  Effing gluten.

Sigh.

I've been generally avoiding gluten (again) other than a small bit here or there, but this weekend away I threw caution to the wind and Jason and I bought REAAAAL bread and I ATE IT and mmmmmmm.... bread.

And then... I had a bread baby.

Ewww, no, I don't mean it the way my brother means it (hint:  he's talking about poop) I just mean that I got so very bloated (I've never been someone who bloats by the way) that I seriously looked several months pregnant.  I actually wanted to do one of those Demi Moore nude pregnancy shots.  Oh, plus it hurt.

So I figured I'd been given my pretty distinct message by my body that it really does not like gluten.

And I was sad.

Sigh.

Except... Jason and I went out for dinner last night and... well, I thought I'd just have a teeny tiny bit of bread and WHAM.

Not the most funnest drive home later for me and my poor tum tum.

Sigh.

I love bread, you guys.  So so much.

And pasta.

OMG I love pasta.

But...

Celiac or not, my body is not a fan.  And that sucks.

But bread babies suck kind of more because ouch.

Sigh.

4 comments:

Army of the Frenetic said...

W-with butter, r-right? You mustn't forget the butter. Y-you just can't forget the butter!

*Falls to knees, releases bloodcurdling scream, passes out*



Victoria said...

Hey...hey... it's ok... I would never forget the butter.

*pets you until you come back around*

Anonymous said...

There is a test your doc can give you to see if you are sensitive to gluten. Verify it then you can start looking for gluten free foodstuff ... one can get biscuits! cookies! bread ... but I have found most of the breads need to be toasted to be bearable AND pasta ...

Anne (Cdn in England who gave up gluten for several years thinking it might affect her MS)

Victoria said...

I've had alllll the tests. They came back... confused ;) But yes, I do toast most of my GF breads :)

*hugs*